12.10.07

Lies are lies

Sometimes it is hard not to lie; I mean people will have to make white lies in order not to hurt others' feelings if needed. But is it really the best policy to do such things? A white lie it's usually out from good intentions, and it’s not supposed to do any harm; well, at least, that's what we think. For example, when one totally hates his or her friend’s new haircut, but when being asked “What do you think of my hair?” they would say “It looks terrific!” obviously, they don’t want to let friends down. This situation is quite common around people; we hardly tell how we feel exactly. So what is the consequence? You become sort of a hypocrite.

I used to make white lies for the sake of making everybody happy, but by doing this more and more, I was kind of afraid to say anything. For one thing, I really want to speak from my heart instead of saying things that I don’t mean. Although I didn’t hurt any of my friends, I hurt myself in the whole acting scenes. Many people would say that telling a white lie is not that serious; after all, it is with good intentions. Well, I don’t feel as they do. White lies are still lies, aren’t they? I don’t think there is any difference between “lies” and “white lies” these days. Because once you lied it, you’ll have to make more lies and keep on lying. So what is the difference? You may think you’re not hurting anybody’s feelings, but day by day, you’ll find out you’re harming both your friends and you.

Now I try my best to say what I really want to say, though others may think sometime it’s inappropriate to be that honest. However, I’d say, honesty is always the best policy.

沒有留言: