19.10.07
Good Film!
On Sunday, I went to see the movie “Lust,Caution” with my friends. I had read the original novel a couple of months ago, so I was eager to see how Ang Lee will present this renowned work of Eileen Chang. I’ve heard a lot from the media before I watched it, and inevitably the focuses were these steamy sex scenes. Actually, many friends of mine who have seen it also discuss that stuff more than other messages that the director wants to give. It confused me, because I remember in the book there’s only one sentence mentioning about sex. Then I saw an interview of Ang Lee, and he explained how he interpreted this simple sentence in the book version. He considered that by showing these three scenes can the audiences feel the great tension and love between two characters. At first, I doubted that these sex scenes were necessary. I think Ang Lee was just trying to make the film more controversial so that it can get people’s attentions. Well, it proved that I was totally wrong. Like many reviews and Ang Lee himself have said, three sex scenes make us, the audiences, uncover the masks of the characters and see their inner hearts. Those scenes didn’t have any amorous factors in; all I can feel was their agony in their relationship. And this agony was so strong that you almost felt like you were them at that time. When I walked out of the theatre, I cannot say anything to my friends. I was still in the movie and couldn’t let go of those emotions shown in the film. Couldn’t help but admiring Ang Lee’s talented skill at making excellent films. I also wanted to give applause for the hard-working actors. Without their courage, we audiences might not have the chance to fully feel what it was like in that situation. I’m glad that I have also read the book. I think whether book or the movie, they’re all excellent works for us to feast on.
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)
沒有留言:
張貼留言