What is marriage? Perhaps I am too young to answer this question; yet I think most of us have heard the marriage vows in several movies. Haven’t those happily newlyweds always said this on their wedding day? “To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part.” I thought that most of the couples do keep this promise until death tears them apart, but it seems that some people tend to break this vow easily. It is sad to see this news on TV-a man “abandons” his wife because she has been a vegetable for three years after she had a serious disease. We, the audiences and strangers, probably don’t know the actual facts of their divorce. But it seems that this husband have a love affair, and wants to marry that mistress. The only way he can remarry is to divorce with his ill wife. What a good reason to end up a marriage in this way! The neighbours live around this couple said that the wife does an excellent job when she was still healthy; she acted like a typical nice wife. So after many years of dedication, what did she get? A divorce certificate is the only thing she’s got. Oh, and plus a million dollars to support her in future years. I highly doubted that a million can really take good care of her. Just think about all the expenses that she is going to spend for her treatment, a million dollars definitely cannot do much help. How can this husband think that this is good enough for his wife? I feel so sorry for this poor woman, dedicating probably almost half of her lifetime to her family, and now she’s got really bad health, but no one is there by her side to give her support. Aren’t there always miracles of vegetables come to life again? I totally couldn’t understand why her husband gave up on her so soon, she has been a vegetable for only three years, it’s like he had already announced her death. We are not this husband, so we can’t realize that why he would do this. Maybe he really has some private reasons for this behaviour; the thing is: he puts me into a deep thought of marriage. No one wants to be treated in this way, I’m sure of it. So we all have to think twice before we said “I do.” We should ask ourselves, “Can I really love and cherish my better half no matter what happens in the future?”
沒有留言:
張貼留言