I’m very interested in this on-going presidential election in the United States these months, though I’m not an American. :)
Thanks to the media, I am quite familiar with the candidates who are running for the election. I know who Obama, Hillary, and McCain is. I also find out the media has put much of their attentions on Obama and Hillary than McCain. I read an article on The New York Times, it talks about these two Democrat presidential candidates. In the article, it points out one significance behind this race: either these two’s winning represent something in American history. After the election ends, and presuming that McCain lost, then the result will probably like this: Hillary wins, and becomes the first "female" U.S. president. Or Obama defeats Hillary and becomes the first "African-American" president ever in American history. No wonder many people’s attentions are mostly on Hillary and Obama in this nominating contest. I think the competition between these two candidates is kind of much more exciting than the main election few months later.
Many Taiwanese have notice this campaign and get interested in this primary election as well. Probably it’s because the situation is quite similar to Taiwan. People are disappointed with Bush government’s policies, for they make people live harder than before. Parents worried that whether they can afford their kids to go to college or not, working people are having hard time since the economy is changing drastically. And most of all, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan make people, especially the anti-war kind, furious. They think the government shouldn’t put too much money on buying new weapons. Instead of buying weapons, government should use the revenue to make people's lives better. Also, people don’t think having wars with other countries can really solve the problems that the United States are facing. This strong action- war, will only produce more and more hatred all over the globe. Besides, the wars killed thousands of American soldiers, so people doubt the necessity of having wars.
There are many other problems also indicate that people in America are eager for some changes in the future. I can’t wait to see who will be the next president of the Untied States.
2 則留言:
That's true! I am looking forward to the consequence of the election, too. Either one of them wins the election will be the significant moment in the U.S. history.
Compared to American election, I prefer to pay attention on Taieanese election. Who is gong to be the next president?I think that probibly the most populer issue nomatter in America or Taiwan. Which candidate is your best choice?It's big secret for everyone.
張貼留言