21.3.08

Tibet's Protest

Tibet’s protest has been a big issue now. International media also put their attention on this serious event. Many people blame China’s violent action in coping this problem; however, I think the person who caused all these dispute is Dalai Lama instead of China government. In a way, Dalai hammered the idea that Tibetan should be independent, should have a leader of their own in the future, and that leader has got to be Dalai himself. So he kind of gave wrong, incorrect ideas to those Tibetan monks that they should stand up and fight for their right. Nevertheless, these monks are not fighting for themselves, but for Dalai. I condemned China’s fierce action like everyone else does. But, Dalai can put an end to this protest anytime he wants, only he wouldn’t want to. He just watched more and more monks died in the protest of fighting for his political power. Also, the timing of this protest thing is quite sensitive. The focus has already been in China these days, for China is hosting 2008 Olympics. So those monks believed that they can make a use of it, capturing everyone’s attention, and maybe will succeed if more and more people notice this protest.

No matter what, I think if they want their opinions to be heard, they should take a more peaceful action to let others hear what they really not; instead of acting like some anti-social rioters. It may seem cruel and inappropriate for China to bring army to settle this protest, yet, I reckon that, sometimes, the best way to show government’s ability to control this kind of serious situation is to act fierce and strong against the rioters.

3 則留言:

Jane 提到...

Um, I've heard that news before, but I didn't know this event clearly. First, thank you for the sharing. And I also think Dalai Lama shouldn't be so selfish just for gaining the political power.

Bridget 提到...

I am not quite understanding which one of Dalai or China Government shoud be blamed. The only thing I know is that the power of China government is very powerful but arbitrary. In other words, if I am one of the Tibetans, I shall be frightend for the terrible arbitrary movement.

heyelnoor 提到...

I think you are totally biased on this opinion. Dalai Lama has his reasons and for the better he wants to protect his people and gain independence from China. If Tibet is not part of China then why should we be called "Chinese?" We Tibetans do not speak chinese, we do not eat chinese food, our culture is way different then chinese. So therefore, Tibet should be Tibet and China should be China! You are Taiwanese right? Taiwan also wants freedom from china. I belive you should think before you speak!