Can’t remember when I started to be crazy in love with rock ‘n’ roll. I just know that since the day that I began to listen to the rock music, I couldn’t stand other genres of music anymore.
I used to listen to the radio and enjoy all kinds of music that DJs played in their show. But, I kind of restricted my ears in the world of rock in the past few years. When I heard those “poppy” songs played on the radio, I would turn off the radio as soon as possible. Those pop singers couldn’t attract me at all; in fact, I hate all those pop singers. I think most of them can’t even sing a song. They are popular only because of their nice looks or fashionable dressing styles. They cannot be classified as “singers”, I think “models” would be much more appropriate for them. Anyway, I like rock ‘n’ roll because the songs all come from the band itself. The band members not only play the instruments but also write their own songs. Composing songs is a work that needs many skills, so I admire those who can write songs and sing it by themselves.
I also found that the lyrics of rock songs are quite different from the so-called pop songs. Bubble gum music seems to focus on “love” all the time. I get tired of listening to “I love you.” “I don’t love you anymore.” these kind of things over and over again. It’s funny that sometimes I could even figure out the following lyrics when I had only heard the first part of the song. It’s like watching some cliché movies; people always know what is going to happen next. I get bored of these stereotyped, standardized things pretty easily, so now I hardly listen to the pop songs, rap, or something that keeps telling me the same thing. I just want to know why would people want to listen to those bubble gum songs anyway, aren’t they sick of hearing the same tunes?
沒有留言:
張貼留言